Saturday 21 April 2012


Setting up your Ebay Store



Choosing your Ebay Store Name


Firstly one of the biggest choices you can make right now is your business seller name.
If you want to stand out from all the other sellers you need an image, a logo, a brand.
How many times have you purchased something from someone like "jack67-098" ??
How on earth is that kind of name going to get you anywhere??



For instance someone purchases something from you,they love it that much they cannot wait to tell their friend. But when they do see their friend they can't remember the sellers name
My point is make it simple to remember and Spell

 

Which Ebay Store ??


Ok so you have decided on your user name, next you need to decide what kind of shop you want

Basic
Featured
Anchor

Well that depends on how many items you are going to List/Sell
Check out the two links below before making your decision

Ebays Subscriptions & Fees
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/storefronts/Subscriptions.html 

Personalising your New Ebay Store & Logo


Once you have decided and opened your store you want to personalise it
Personally I co-ordinate my store to match my logo colours, I believe it gives you a more clear brand/identity.

The 1st logo I had I purchased from ebay and it cost me around £3,and I still use it on my packaging so if you are short of funds its the best option
You can Also get one done by a member of Fiverr .
If money is not tight try to get recommendations from people and shop around
Although I Suggest keeping costs down on Start up, if you can afford to have a logo designed I would do so.
Professionally designed logos look the best.


Before deciding what your logo will look like, have a look about and do some research. Read Books/Blogs/discussions. Find out what makes a good logo and what you should avoid.







 
TIP: If you are going to be using social networks as a business you will need a logo (profile picture) that will be readable on all sites no matter how small you make it.
I never thought of this and sometimes im forced to improvise


 
Check out Bannersnack if you want to try and design your own Logo, best of all its FREE 


There’s a pretty good Guide written by a fellow eBay seller on how to customize your eBay store.(Link Below)It is pretty straight forward but if you need any help just leave a comment and either I or another blog reader will be sure to help
 

Dont worry to much about perfecting it as you can add and change as you go

 



    • Find some of your competitors that already sell on Ebay and see what they are doing
    • Dont pay for Store designs just yet, if ever. Find your feet first you can think about this later-on. Personally I like to keep my design simple.
    • Join the Ebay Community boards and get a feel for the place, there are some really helpful people on there who will advise you when you need it.

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment